Water wave wig is a marvelous wig hairstyle that captivates the heart of so many girls around the world. If you are new to this wig style, don’t worry. We will bring you a closer look of water wave wig and some guidance on how to wear and maintain the wig.
What is a water wave wig?
Water wave wig is another call of wet and wavy wig. With this style of wig, users should saturate the wig to get the best curly texture.
There are many types of water wave wigs available in the market now such as water wave lace front wig, water wave full lace wig, water wave wig with bangs, etc. at many sizes. The popular ones are water wave wig 14 inch and water wave wig 16 inch. You can find it easily at commercial sites such as Amazon or Aliexpress.
How to wear and style a water wave full lace wig?
Basically, wearing a water wave wig is almost the same as other types of wig. However, with this type of wig, you should do some styling afterward to get the best wet curly pattern. The instruction for wearing a water wave lace wig is as follows.
Step 1: Secure your natural hair at the back of your head and tuck the loose ends under.
Step 2: Protect your natural hair by using a wig cap. Make sure to use a wig cap that is as close to your skin color as possible. Place the wig cap on your head and be sure that the edges of your wig cap align with your hairline. This way will prevent your natural hair from sticking out.
Step 3: Secure the hair away from your face with some clips and trim the extra lace around the hairline. Remember to cut small sections at a time so as not to hurt yourself and overcut or undercut the lace. You must cut the lace up to the hairline of the wig.
Step 4: Use a makeup sponge to rub alcohol or witch hazel to your scalp hairline to remove oil from your skin. By this way, the wig glue will stick to your skin easier. For sensitive skin, it is recommended to use a scalp protector around the hairline.
Step 5: Put a thin coat of glue on the underside the hairline of your water wave full lace wig. Then, use a makeup sponge or brush to stretch out a thin layer of glue on your scalp. Wait for the glue to dry before you put your wig on.
Step 6: Place the water wave full lace wig over your head. Make sure you align the front, back and the middle of your wig with that of your head. Then, pull it over your head and press down the edges to secure the adhesive.
Step 6: Take a spray bottle filled with a mixture of water and conditioner and spray it into your wig. Scrunch the hair to activate the curls.
Step 7: Apply natural oil to add some sheen and moisture to your wig.
How to maintain water wave wig?
To use a water wave wig for a long time and get the perfect curl pattern before going out, you should master the following notes:
– Wash your wig after several uses. Don’t wash it too often as that only makes the hair strands break. Yet, don’t be lazy with the washing. Washing your wig is a way to revive it. You can wash your wig after 8 times of use.
– To have the beautiful curly pattern, you should saturate your wig, apply moisturizer and brush each hair section. Remember to let it air dry before wearing it.
– Always place your wig on a wig stand or a wig mannequin after using to keep the style and prevent tangling.
– Don’t try to apply heat on your synthetic wig. For human hair wig, do apply heat protectant spray before styling. But it’s not a wise choice to style with heat frequently.
– Choose a good quality of wig from a prestigious provider to get support for maintenance and other guides of use. At APO, with a team of excellent sales staff, we always bring customers timely support while using our hair extensions and wigs. Let visit our site and get more info.
With the above tips, we hope that you will shine brightly with your water wave wig every time you go out. Thank you for reading. Please keep supporting our blog for more useful info and guidance.